Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 23:04:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Change to RELNOTES/INSTALL NOTES

Hello,

I did not want to go sticking my fingers into someone else's pie so
I'll post this here.

I've just done a 2.1(yes it old, but hold on...) about a week ago and
ran into a BAD problem.  My ISP uses BSDI machines as terminal servers
and when I connected my ppp would go nuts.  The problem with with
the pred1(?) compression OR lqr(?).  Either of both of these need to
be turned off to properly load the system over ppp.  We need to make a note
that if this shows up (It comes up in the log as bad magic I belive), we
to turn these off.

Could who ever maintains the release notes/install notes make this change
or let me know and I will do so.

Gary

Gary Clark II (N5VMF)
gclarkii@FreeBSD.ORG