Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:40:07 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL

>The same seems to apply to the Netherlands. An adsl comes with a
>'splitter', which connects with a utp cross cable to an ethernet card.
>I'd like to have a pointer to dedicated adsl cards btw, might be usefull,
>maybe someone out there has an url or so?

For someone who has always disliked putting modem cards in PCs, I can't see
the advantage of putting ADSL 'modems' in PCs.  Isn't simpler and more
immediately useful, to say nothing of reliabilty, to just hook a PC + enet
card to an ADSL modem with an ethernet output?

I bet most xDSL local-loop providers, world-wide, don't and won't provide
an interface to their CPE other than an Ethernet interface, just like
internet/cable providers do.

Even if it were available, what's the advantage of plugging a xDSL loop
termination card into the PC?

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5  installable binary for NT4
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways