Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2018 17:55:31 -0400
From:      William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Smith <matt.xtaz@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I broke my Apache 2.4 install and I need help!

When I blow away /usr/local/etc/apache24 (really, rename it to something
else)
and do "pkg upgrade -f apache24", I get the following messages:

[1/1] Reinstalling apache24-2.4.33...
===> Creating groups.
Using existing group 'www'.
===> Creating users
Using existing user 'www'.
[1/1] Extracting apache24-2.4.33: 100%
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-autoindex.conf if it is no longer
needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-dav.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-default.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-info.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-languages.conf if it is no longer
needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-manual.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-mpm.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf if it is no
longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-ssl.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-userdir.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove
/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/proxy-html.conf if it is no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf if it is
no longer needed.
You may need to manually remove /usr/local/etc/apache24/magic if it is no
longer needed.
You may need to manually remove /usr/local/etc/apache24/mime.types if it is
no longer needed.

Why does it say this?  It makes no sense.  This is during the *install*
phase, remember.
The install creates an httpd.conf which is identical to http.conf.sample,
of which I had a copy.

Anyway, still hosed.  Virtualhosts is totally broken, but apache will serve
ONE web site.

Bill Dudley

This email is free of malware because I run Linux.