Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:03:22 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: From Slashdot...

> 	Can someone point me to docs on *what* this is all about?  I
> *might* be able to organize something at the University towards this, but
> need a starting point to work from...we have a few FreeBSD guys mixed in
> with the thousand or so Linux users...

It's really pretty simple - get a package included in packages/All (by
making it a port) which does nothing more than install some prototype
dotfiles for root, some collection of WMs and applications (all of
which can be done by @pkgdep'ing an existing package rather than
including the whole thing).  Then it appears automatically in the
index, perhaps in a category of "canned package sets" or something,
and the user can add it just like any other package.  man pkg_create
or RTFM bsd.port.mk's package rule for more info. :)

- Jordan