Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:59:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lee S Parsons <lparsons@mail.ahc.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   really bad PM in 6.0 on thinkpad R32

Hello
I submitted a similar message to this to the list last month, and recieved
no responses.  I thought I would reiterate what I have done and see if
anyone may have any suggestions now.

The problem is in the power management system in FreeBSD 6.0.  I have
previously run 5.4 on this same system and never had this problem.  I even
compiled the same kernel on this system that I previously compiled in 5.4
and that does not solve the problem.

My problem is that X will be unexpectedly shut down, presumably due to
power issues.  No messages that I can find end up in /var/log/messages
explaining what happened.  This usually happens when the battery reads
less than 10 minutes remaining, and will happen without a chance to plug
in the AC adapter.

My previous kernel ran ACPI, I recently changed to acpi_ibm and the
problem is the same.  I am running KDE as my X environment, and have the
power settings in there disabled except for battery monitor.

What should I look at next for this?

thank you
Lee Parsons