Date:      Sun, 25 May 2003 12:19:11 -0400
From:      Oliver Oberdorf <oberdorf@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Orinoco/watchdog timeout - IDE IRQ?

The plot thickens:

OK, in my crappy BIOS I can reassign 4 IRQs, but they don't say what
they are for.  Turns out, whatever the 2nd IRQ is set to gets picked up
for the Orinoco.  It's normally 5, but using 3 or 9 just results in the
card grabbing that same value.

I tried disabling it in the BIOS and the machine utterly fails to boot
after hitting the disk.  So I strongly suspect it's some sort of IDE IRQ.

I put it back on 5 and made an /etc/pccard.conf that now looks like:

irq   3 9 15

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
    config 0x1 "wi" 9
    insert /etc/pccard_ether $device start
    remove /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

and it still grabs IRQ 5.  The dmesg is now:

wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 5 function 0 config 1 on pccard0
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE

 Is there a config entry for IRQs to never take?  Or some way to force
it to use 9 no matter what?

-Oly