Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:21:10 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel.conf

On 4/26/00, 6:00:31 PM, Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch> wrote
regarding kernel.conf:

> Hey

> I get stuff like this when booting:

> > config> di psm0
> > config> di sio1
> > No such device: sio1
> > Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
> > config> di sio0
> > No such device: sio0
> > Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.

> and so on for a few other devices.

> Now I have none of those devices in my kernel, not even psm0.
> Can I simply delete /boot/kernel.conf and will I still be able to boot=

> without it?
> And btw, how did this stuff get into kernel.conf?

> thx, Tobe

Dear Tobias Roth,

you might want to edit /boot/kernel.conf and remove the di's=20
(d.i.=3Ddisable interface) that you do NOT need. AFAIK, these "di's" are=
=20
related to the GENERIC kernel (remember the configuration phase in=20
full screen visual mode ?)

Also, next time you might want to search the archives *first*, or else
somebody will flame you because you ask a frequently enough asked
question, and me because I answer it :-)

Best regards,
Salvo