Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 17:42:47 +1000
From:      JacobRhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: out of tty ?

On Thu, 1 May 2003 05:36 pm, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> I use a 4.8-RELEASE, and I have a lot of users logging in with ssh and
> using screen. It seems that ssh and screen only use /dev/ttyp*, which
> limits to 32 ttys. How can I tell them to use all the tty[pq..] configured
> in /etc/ttys ?

I could be totally wrong, but I have a suspicion that the nymber of ttys is
also linked to the kernel config MAXUSERS variable in some way, did you set
MAXUSERS or leave it at 0?

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386