Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:41:52 +0000
From:      "Robin, Michael" <robin@chapman.edu>
To:        "'dteske@freebsd.org'" <dteske@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: text editor

What is VIM?  Where could it be downloaded?
What is CLI?  I am looking for GUI/command prompt text editor for Windows 7=
/8.
The notepad plus program lacks start/end block setting option even though i=
t have a lot of hot keys.  My top priority is setting start/end block optio=
n which was available for old DOS-based text editor, but I have not seen an=
y window-based text editor for this option.  16-bit DOS text editor program=
 will not run on 64-bit operating system.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Michael
Programmer Analyst