Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:00:24 GMT
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: arm/155214: [patch] MMC/SD IO slow on Atmel ARM with modern large SD cards

The following reply was made to PR arm/155214; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: arm/155214: [patch] MMC/SD IO slow on Atmel ARM with modern
 large SD cards
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:45:28 -0600

 I have an updated patch for this which includes better error handling,
 and better read performance (mainly by splitting large IO requests into
 two DMA operations and doing the byte-swapping for the first half while
 the second half is still on the wire from the card).  It also has more
 comments about what works and what doesn't (ex: 30mhz 4-bit transfers
 when USB Host mode is also enabled).

 I don't see any straightforward way on the PR page to nuke the original
 patch and supply a replacement.  What's the best way to handle that?

 -- Ian