Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:21:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Robert Clark <res03db2@gte.net>
Cc:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@daemonnews.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAI Labs Announces DARPA-Funded FreeBSD Security Initiative

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Robert Clark wrote:

> It would be nice if one of the *BSD periodicals would cronicle the
> (public) goings on at the lab.
>
> Hearing what progress was being made would be good for morale.
>
> (Not that morale is bad now.)

Robert,

NAI Labs would be happy to talk with members of the *BSD media about the
activities going on in the Labs, either specifically to do with FreeBSD,
or general work.  We can even arrange tours at our Glenwood, MD office, if
people would like :-).

Also, we plan to present regularly at various conferences relating to open
source, unix, and security, including the USENIX Technical Conference,
USENIX Security Symposium, and BSD Conference.  And we'll update our Open
Source site (http://opensource.nailabs.com/) as appropriate.  In fact,
some updates on the LOMAC port to FreeBSD went up today, I think, and we
announced the change in licensing on LOMAC to a BSD license.  For general
information on NAI Labs, peruse our web site at http://www.nailabs.com/.