Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:59:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Michael DeMutis <mike@2Gen.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVSupFile

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Michael DeMutis wrote:

> Here is my "cvsupfile"
>
> *default  host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
> *default  base=/usr
> *default  prefix=/usr
> *default  release=cvs
> *default  tag=RELENG_3
> *default  delete use-rel-suffix
>
> src-all
> src-crypto
> src-secure
> *default tag=.
> ports-all
> doc-all
>

> Do I need that 2nd occurance of "*default tag=."

	Yes.

> I'm looking to stay current with the 3.x-STABLE tree.
> Does this look right?

	Yes.

> Also - one more question.
>
> If I had previously downloaded all the 4.0 sources by changing the above
> to RELENG_4 and then changed it back to RELENG_3 is there anything I need
> to worry about when I compile?

	Yes. If you've previously built and installed 4.0 you have to wipe
your disk to downgrade. If you haven't, I'd 'rm /usr/src/*' and check the
sources out again, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck,

Doug
--
    "So, the cows were part of a dream that dreamed itself into
existence? Is that possible?" asked the student incredulously.