Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:00:09 GMT
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/74557: imation 500mb usb key can only be written halfway on freebsd 5.3 and 5.2.1 (regression)

The following reply was made to PR usb/74557; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, h@llorien.org
Subject: Re: usb/74557: imation 500mb usb key can only be written halfway
 on freebsd 5.3 and 5.2.1 (regression)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:51:45 +0100

 I'm wondering if this issue can still be seen on later releases of FreeBSD?

 Have you tried to newfs this device? I think this is more likely a
 filesystem issue but an usb issue. There have been a lot of thumb drives
 with bad filesystem information on the market (to have Windows not
 complaining about filesystem errors is no indication that the filesystem
 is fine).

 Please report back if we can close this PR.

 Thanks!