Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:19:36 +0300
From:      Lena@lena.kiev.ua
To:        freebsd-gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken for everyone or just for me?

I wrote:

> > since few updates ago
> > tabs open but not at the position within the page where they were on last
> > Firefox (normal) termination (with the "X" at the upper right corner).
> > A tab opens at the last position if I refresh the page in the tab
> > before clicking Firefox close (before power off).
> >
> > I cleared history but that didn't help.

> From: Jakub Lach

> Lena, could you rephrase yours?

I read a long webpage (containing an article or a story). I didn't finish
reading today, turn power off for the night. The script I use for power down
clicks (using xte) the "X" at the upper right corner of Firefox window,
thus terminates Firefox normally 15 sec before issuing "shutdown -p now".
When on the next day Firefox starts, the tab with the webpage restores.
But Firefox used to show me the webpage at exactly the position
where I stopped reading. Now (since few Firefox version updates ago)
the webpage is positioned at some previous point, a place which I already read.
I have to scroll down and find where I need to resume reading.

If I remember to select tabs with long articles and click the Refresh icon
in each such tab before power down, then Firefox correctly remembers
the position inside the webpage.