Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 14:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Short <Ashort@concentric.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP hard lock in 2.2.6

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Forrest W. Christian wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 1998, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > It's not a problem I've seen.  It's *very* unlikely that ppp is
> > wedging the whole machine :-/  but possible I guess....

My (I use it at work, I am not lucky enough to OWN one!) Sun UltraSparc
has a feature that will arrest control from the OS by doing a Stop-A on
the keyboard.  Obviously PC keyboards ado not have a stop key, but is
there anyway to emulate that behaviour without it being managed by the OS
so that IF the OS fails us (WHEN it fails us...once every decade or so)
that we can use that sequence?

I have a gut feeling that "stop-a" is somehow embedded in the Sparc
hardware...but I have to ask.