Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:30:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Jeffrey Vehrs <jwvehrs@netzero.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what's the best color in xterm background for ur eyes??

Jeffrey Vehrs writes:
> I'd like to know which color is the best for your eyes in xterm background?
> Some color can strain ur eyes, but which one is good for ur eyes without any
> straining?

Mu.

There are so many variables in this one that any answer will be wrong
under some conditions. Off the top of my head: display technology;
ambient lighting; the users sensitivity to colors and display
frequency; the dominant *foreground* color.

If you're really worried about eyestrain, use big fonts. Set the
colors to things that contrast without clashing. Black on white works
really well in many situtations - if the display technology can
deliver a clean enough white for your eyes. Personally, I like the
barest hint of blue in the white, but that's just me.

	<mike