Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:12:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, Jack Wathey <wathey@salk.edu>
Subject:   Re: Status of XFree86 on Alpha?

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Steve Price wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Tom Bartol wrote:
>
> # 3) We configured X to run the X_SVGA server for our Matrox Millenium II.
> # The server starts up fine but some windows are filled with black and
> # menus pop up empty until you run the mouse cursor over the locations where
> # the text should be.
>
> This one is new to me.  I don't have a head on my Alpha box
> at home, but it sounds like I need free up a monitor so I can
> look into this and a couple of other problems I've been seeing.

I have used matrox mill II and g200 cards (both 8MB) since the 1999-02-xy
snap , as of now I use Sep 16 world and XFree3.3.5 , Ive never seen these
problems.I use 1280x1024@85Hz,16bpp and windowmaker ( fvwm2 doesnt really
work that well )

/Khaled, Telia Network Services

Mail:   khaled@telia.net
Cell:   070-6785492
Work:   08-4567281

:hacker: /n./  [originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe]