Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:31:24 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Move "search" from /usr/ports/Makefile to bsd.port.mk

Hi -port'ers,

This has been sat in my "Deal with it" -doc mailing list queue for ages.
I thought I'd pass it over to you guys as a request, if anyone cares to
implement it.  If you want, I can send it as a PR.

----- Forwarded message from Byron Brummer <byron@omix.com> -----

[...]

> Perhaps making the search under the "ports" page simular to or the same as
> the one under the changes page would make life a lot easier.  Since the
> ports are such a big selling point, making them as easy to find as
> possible helps a lot.

	Agreed.  Along similar lines I'd *love* to see the search target of
	/usr/ports/Makefile moved into bsd.port.mk in such a way so that one
	could change to a subdirectory such as /usr/ports/print and run a
	`make search' for just that part of the tree.

----- End forwarded message -----

Cheers,

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>