Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:52:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: config, other kernel build tools

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> Because I don't want to install the new one to use the new one.

Since my userland stuff is usually way behind -current, while i'm
keeping the kernel up to the latest bits more often, i cvs checkout
the modules config, include, lkm, and sys under a separate home
directory, and simply run config right from there.  (Yes, all of them
belong to the kernel in some way, with include being the least
important one [mostly identical to the regular include].)

Doesn't this also work for you?

--
cheers, J"org