Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 16:39:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PERL_VERSION in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk

Hi:

In order to install the newer version of apache, I copied the ports.tar.gz
and 31upgrade.tgz files to my 3.1-R computer.  After pkg_add'ing
31upgrade.tgz and un-tar'ing ports.tar.gz into /usr/ports, I tried to do a
make in /usr/ports/www/apache13-php3.  I was greeted with a message about
my perl being the wrong version.  I've got 5.005.02 installed.  I finally
decided to look in the Makefile and subsequently in
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk.  In this file there is a PERL_VERSION
variable, and it is set to 500503.  Is this a typo?  The perl port still
says it is version 5.005.02.

- Peter Schwenk - schwenk@voicenet.com
-
- Running FreeBSD?  You should be.