Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Diskless Workstation -- Problems needing to be addressed

SMC EtherPower II cards (10/100bt) have optional boot eproms for about
$25.  (the cards themselves are about $70).

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
% Just curious, did you manage to boot from an eprom with 100Mbit
% cards ? Last time I tried this was only possible with 10Mbit cards,
% except the obvious option (one 10-mbit card with the boot rom, one
% 100-mbit which supports the real traffic).
%
% > easily setting up diskless workstations in the installation, because there
% > are a different set of things that need to be done on the master server,
%
% what I have is a script which clones the root partition by making a
% small set of changes and symlinks where needed.

Murray Stokely