Date:      Wed, 22 May 2013 07:49:04 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Werner Thie <werner@thieprojects.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crochet builds failing miserably for some day now with latest sources

On May 21, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Werner Thie wrote:

> On 5/22/13 4:24 AM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>> On May 21, 2013, at 9:02 AM, Werner Thie wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hi all
>>>=20
>>> My last image for the BBone is
>>>=20
>>> 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r250696M: Thu May 16 14:18:30 =
CEST 2013
>>>=20
>>> I'm not able to build a complete image since then with newer =
sources, the build is regularly failing with
>>>=20
>>> =85.
>>> make: illegal option -- J
>>=20
>> There's been some discussion of this on the
>> freebsd-current@ mailing list.  It seems to occur
>> when you have an old 'make' binary in the 'obj'
>> tree.
>>=20
>> First try removing just the old make binary:
>>=20
>> $ rm =
/home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work/obj/usr/local/src/make.i386/make
>>=20
>> and if that is insufficient, try deleting Crochet's
>> 'work' directory and doing a completely clean build
>> from scratch:
>>=20
>> $ rm -rf /home/wthie/proj/crochet-freebsd/work
>=20
> Hi Tim
>=20
> Sorry, this occurs WITH a completely clean crochet with the =
./crochet-freebsd/work directory removed before
>=20
> /bin/sh crochet.sh -c config.sh
>=20
> I suspected a problem in the cross dev area and rebuild xdev with
>=20
> make xdev XDEV=3Darm XDEV_ARCH=3Darmv6
>=20
> which went through no problem, but as you stated, crochet uses the =
xdev tools only for uboot builds.
>=20
> =46rom UPDATING in the source tree I see, that bmake is now favored =
over make as per 16th May. Is this the suspected change?

I believe so.  I have not had this problem here, but I'm running
a relatively recent 10-CURRENT.

You should ask on freebsd-current about this.  I suspect the
root problem affects people building 10-CURRENT on
FreeBSD 9.

Tim