Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:42:24 -0700
From:      "Gopakumar H. Pillai" <gopu@global.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   inetd server looping

I am running FWTK (a public domain application level firewall) on my FreeBSD
4.0 system. I have configured inetd to spawn http-gw for connections coming
to the HTTP port (80).

Many times a day I get "inetd/http server looping, service suspended" error.
I found out that this happens since the number of connections on that port
is above limit (default 256 connections per minute). I increased it to 1024
(by specifying nowait/1024, also tried nowait/1024/1024 since I wasn't sure
of the format). Still I get the looping error. I am sure that that many
connections in a minute does not happen.

Any other ideas and solutions for this problem?

--Gopu