Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 1997 19:52:19 -0600
From:      Yimin Hsiao <yihsiao@ucsd.edu>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question

Hi,
	I just installed FreeBSD 2.2, and I have some problems
	I built my own kernel successfully, but one time I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del while in
# prompt.  There was no response, so I rebooted the computer.  When I entered FreeBSD the second time, the boot message was pretty long, containing messages like "automatic reboot", etc.  Then it just froze up.  I had to hit Ctrl-C to get to the login: prompt.  Please help me out.  I don't want to have to hit Ctrl-C every time I boot.
	Also can you tell me how I can access other harddrives in FreeBSD.  I have one FAT harddrive that contains package and XFree86 that I want to install to FreeBSD, and I tried using the /stand/sysinstall, but it wouldn't install them for me.  It said it couldn't find the file INDEX under package, but I double checked and it was there on that harddrive.  I'm sure I specified the right harddrive, it was my primary slave and chose the primary drive (wd0) in the "media" submenu.  It couldn't install XFree either.  Is there any way that I can just access the harddrive myself and install manually?
	Thank you for reading my questions and I hope to see  your answers soon.

								Sincerely
								Yimin Hsiao