Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:30:20 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?w7LDj8OTw5PDicOIw4nDjiDDocOMw4XDi8OTw4XDig==?= <alexxisr@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Permissions setting

Россихин Алексей wrote:

>Is it possible to set different permissions
>on one file for 2 groups and set 'no access'
>for other people? And how?
>
>                           Alexxis Rossikhin
>                            alexxisr@mail.ru

That almost sounds like NTFS permissions to me.

But the answer is no, you can't. You can change the file owner, the
group owner the file belongs to (so not two), and what the persmission
for everybody else is. You can always add the users of one group to the
other one, so that you have one group. Then you can chmod it to 660 or
770 or something. Correct me if I'm wrong though.