Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2016 01:21:59 -0400
From:      "Jason E. Hale" <jhale@freebsd.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>, baho-utot@columbus.rr.com
Subject:   Re: Fails to build math/libqalculate

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 4:57 AM, Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sending this again as I have had mail server issues
>>
>> There is no src/Makefile.in only src/Makefile.am
>>

>> /usr/ports/math/libqalculate # make
>> ===>  License GPLv2 accepted by the user
>> ===>  Found saved configuration for libqalculate-0.9.10
>> ===>   libqalculate-0.9.10 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
>> ===> Fetching all distfiles required by libqalculate-0.9.10 for building
>> ===>  Extracting for libqalculate-0.9.10
>> => SHA256 Checksum OK for Qalculate-libqalculate-v0.9.10_GH0.tar.gz.
>> ===>  Patching for libqalculate-0.9.10
>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for libqalculate-0.9.10
>> File to patch:
>> No file found--skip this patch? [n] y
>> 1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to Oops.rej
>> => Patch patch-src-Makefile.in failed to apply cleanly.
>> => Patch(es) patch-libqalculate.pc.in applied cleanly.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop.
>> make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/math/libqalculate
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop.
>> make: stopped in /usr/ports/math/libqalculate
>>

> You seem to have a bogus file in the port directory as this port contains
> no patches.
>  # ls /usr/ports/math/qalculate
> Makefile    distinfo    pkg-descr    pkg-plist
>
> Patches are placed in a "files" directory and thee is no such directory. I
> have also checked the repository and it has 0.9.10, but no FreeBSD patches.
>
> If you use svn to update your ports tree, I'd suggest:
> # rm /usr/ports/math/qalculate/*
> #svn up /usr/ports/math/qalculate/
>
> If you use portsnap, this simply should not happen as it should remove any
> stale files.
> --

Hi, I am the maintainer of math/libqalculate and math/qalculate.

Kevin, you are right that there is a stale patch file, but you are
confusing libqalculate and qalculate. The OP seems to be having
trouble with the former.  There should be only one patch for
math/libqalculate: files/patch-libqalculate.pc.in.

Baho, as suggested by Kevin, something got messed up with your ports
tree and you should checkout math/libqalculate again. If you have more
trouble with it, you can contact me directly as I don't often look at
this list.