Date:      Thu, 12 May 2016 10:26:16 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial console trouble on RPI2

It looks like the problem is with USB: After rebooting the
Pi on the USB end cu runs but no connection results:

root@www:/home/bob # cu -l cuaU0 -s 115200

[carriage returns echo, but no login prompt]
[next, unplug and re-plug the usb connector]
cu: unsupported speed 115200
root@www:/home/bob #
[try cu again]
root@www:/home/bob # cu -l cuaU0 -s 115200
Connected

FreeBSD/arm (www.zefox.net) (ttyu0)

login:
[now all works as expected]

Any ideas how to fix this? The message about unsupported speed suggests
a configuration error, but in single user I don't think /etc/ttys or
/etc/gettytab comes into play.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions,

bob prohaska