Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 00:55:54 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: ppp filters

Hi,

If the aim is to have a program that actively keeps the connection
alive without sending anything, I'd advise using ``set server''
(perhaps ``set server /tmp/mysocket "" 0177'' to listen for
diagnostic connections and have a program/script that does

  pppctl /tmp/mysocket set timeout 30

as setting the timeout value will also reset the idle timer.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>