Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:55:57 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Using macros with FTP

	Hi.  I was reading the man page on FTP and noticed that it offers a macro
option to automate the grabbing of certain files from an FTP site.  Now my
question is say I want to login to a site called "ftp.myftpsite.com" and
had to login using "myusername" and "mypassword".  Once I'm in I want to go
to the directory "/pub/ftp/files/myapp/" then down load 3 files in
there.  How would I properly setup the command line to execute the macro
and login to that site?

	Next question is what's the proper format for the macro file?  Would it be
something like this:

	myusername
	mypassword
	cd /pub/ftp/files/myapp/
	get file1
	get file2
	get file3
	quit

	Or is there a different way to do the macros??  I've read the docs but I
want to be sure I'm doing this right.  Thanks for the help.