Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:34:16 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "Francis J. Bruening" <francis.j.bruening@bigfoot.com>, freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2 questions about using the ports collection

In the last episode (Oct 28), J McKitrick said:
> I have a question as well... why do i sometimes see a port listed on the
> website in the ports collection, but when i use sysinstall and try a ports
> ftp installation, sometimes that port doesn't appear?

sysinstall installs packages (precompiled ports), not ports.  Depending
on licensing restrictions, source distribution may be allowed where
binary distribution isn't, or cdrom distribution may be prohibited, or
there may be crypto restrictions, or or.. lots of reasons.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com