Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:04:06 +0800 (CST)
From:      Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@mail.trace.net.tw>
To:        Kelsey Cummings <kc@neteze.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many third level domains -- looking for advice

After reading all the message I would suggest:

1. He wants 300 virtual domains, so I would suggest him a server
co-location.
2. Give delegete him the DNS authority for these IP addresses
3. Teach him how to add/modify named.conf and how to reload / restart
named.
4. Make him a simple temp file for the http.conf, where he just replace
the virt domain entries, and let the temp file add to the http.conf
(Maybe keep them all in single files and let them collect together each
time, whatever is in this directory, like  httpd.conf.domaina,
....httpd.conf.domain-z for each domain in the directory httpd.domains. A
simple `cat httpd.domains/* > httpd.conf` would compile the complete list.
The  first part (not for the virtual domains) you use a file without a
domain name, so it will be compiled first into the httpd.conf.

Or you use the simpler  way to charge him for the work ;-)

bye

Ronald