Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:26:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "J. A. Landamore" <jal@mcs.le.ac.uk>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr, dhw@whistle.com, wilhelm@milkyway.stdio.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NIS interaction with 3.0-RELEASE

Thanks for your help with this, it certainly looks like the encryption could be
the problem - however  living in the UK means I cannot get the DES package.  I
also cannot find a port of DES to 3.0 from outside the US.  I assume this means
I'm shafted until someone re-writes DES outside the US again.  I also assume it
is not possible to use MD5 encryption on local accounts and crypt on NIS
accounts?

Thanks for you help

John Landamore			| Researchers have already cast much darkness |
Sys. Admin.			| on the subject, and if they continue their  |
				| investigations we shall soon know nothing   |
e-mail:	jal@mcs.le.ac.uk	| at all about it.			      |
				|		- Mark Twain -		      |

Phone: 	+44 (0)116 2523410
Fax: 	+44 (0)116 2523604