Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:12:36 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Arnold" <jdarnold@buddydog.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ALT Key

>>  I posted a question regarding how to make the ALT key work as the meta=
 key
>> in the FreeBSD console with TERM set to cons25 (no X please). I got no

It ain't easy! I've been playing with it off and on for a little while,
and still haven't gotten it right.

Start with 'man kbdmap'. 'man kbdcontrol' also gives some clues. I haven't
found the 'perfect' keymap. Each of the default ones has problems. Either=
 they
give you the meta key and take away things like PgUp & PgDn, or the meta
key stuff doesn't work quite right. If you get a working keymap, let me
know!

--
Jonathan Arnold             (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
The Incredible Brightness of Seeing, a Home Theater weblog