Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 22:26:56 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Supported Configurations

James Raynard (james@jraynard.demon.co.uk) wrote:

> Go to http://www.freebsd.org/, follow the documentation link until you
> get to the Handbook, and then read the section entitled "Jordan's
> picks", which is a list of recommended hardware.

     Unfortunately, it's a bit out-of-date, as it still makes no mention
of the Triton II chipset, while it complains that the Triton I doesn't
have parity support (which the T2 has, as well as ECC).  A few weeks
ago, when jmb asked for comments on the "reworked" hw.sgml, I sent him
some, which included info on the T2 chipset.  I think Asami also
mentioned that T2-based motherboards are out (I think we'd both nominate
the ASUS P55T2P4 motherboard as a good solution for FreeBSD).

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.