Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:59:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Chuck Rouillard <chuckr@opus.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
Cc:        Randall Cook <randall@wildcat.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for Apple's AFS (was: FreeBSD advice)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Chuck Rouillard wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Randall Cook wrote:
>
> > I'm looking to set up a fileserver on my LAN running FreeBSD. Other machines
> > on the LAN run Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. While NFS and Samba will
> > obviously get me Linux and Windows support, can you recommand a package that
> > will provide Mac OS support? In other words, I need software that runs on
> > FreeBSD that speaks AFP (Appletalk Filing Protocol).
>
> The Columbia Appletalk Package for UNIX page:

I've had good luck with netatalk, which can be found at
/usr/ports/net/netatalk and at http://www.umich.edu/~rsug/netatalk/.
There is also a FAQ-o-matic at
http://cgi.zettabyte.net/fom-serve/netatalk/cache/1.html

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <-> ]