Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:32:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
To:        Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Block help!

It still goes into install....

And, when I start an emergency holographic shell on vty4, none of my files
are there (including /bin/ls) that I burned to the CD as well.  Looks like
when it boots from this image, it only sees the filesystem and files
included in the boot.flp image, and not any of the other stuff.

I want to have my own custom kernel to boot to, from the CD, with my
customized filesystem.  Kind of like making an emergency restore floppy,
except for with a CD instead.

The idea is so that when i leave this company, the average joe blow can
just insert the CD, boot from it, and follow the on-screen instructions to
do an emergency restore.  I don't want to have to walk somebody over the
phone on how to do it the long way.  Ease of use is a necessity.

Thanks for your input.

Sincerely,

Rick Duvall