Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:13:25 +1100
From:      "Leo Kliger" <leo@astea.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation questions

> Problems and therefore questions.
>
> Both ethernet cards wernt identified. So how do I get them both
identified.
> Both are ne2000 io=0x300 irq=10, i0=0x320 irq=9.

device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
device ed1 at isa? port 0x320 net irq  9 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr

these lines should fix the above...... oh, you need to add it to kernel
config
and recompile......

> I want to use bash as my default shell. I know I can type bash and it'll
change
> to it, but I want it as my default.
>
> If someone can point me towards a good guide for the above or want's to
walk me
> though some stuff I'd appreciate it. I want to use this as my
firewall/nat and
> replace wingate on a win95 machine which is falling over all the time.
This is
> my home mini network (a few machines) so i'd appreciate any pointers.
>
> Oh...by the way. Are there any proxy-servers for FreeBsd, and more
importantly,
> any point in using one ???

working on some of the above myself...... i will be interested in the
others.......

Leo