Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:18:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jorge=20Mario=20G.?=" <murcielako@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2.1 sysinstall disk geometry problem

> the very same happened to me with a maxtor hard drive
> and it happened to be a bad cable
>
> check jumper settings, cables, controlers etc
It wasn't a jumper problem as it happened with a number of hard disks. I
simply commented out the code in sysinstall that generated the error and
supplied the geometry through the geometry directive in install.cfg.

I was also calling diskPartitionEditor and diskPartitionWrite.

If I just called diskPartitionEditor and left the rest for install commit
most of the other problems I was having went away.

-Don