Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 19:32:33 +0200
From:      Tomas Styblo <tripie@cpan.org>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
Subject:   Re: gkrellm-xkb doesnt work

* Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz> [Wed, 02 Jul 2003]:
> V st, 02. 07. 2003 v 15:57, Tobias Roth napsal:
>
> > I just installed gkrellm-xkb from the ports (1.00 on 5.1 release with
> > Xfree86-4.3.0,1 and gkrellm2). I can enable it in gkrellm config, but
> > there is no menu entry to configure it. The gkrellm install log says
> > it installed just fine. The krell where the flags should be just shows
> > a question mark.

> > Is my Xfree86Config wrong?
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "Inspiron Keyboard"
> >         Driver      "keyboard"
> >         Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
> >         Option      "XkbModel" "inspiron"
> >         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
> > EndSection

I've also just noticed that this keyboard model defines its own Group
name. So it's possible that your CoreKeyboard option is set correctly
but gkrellm still is not able to determine what country flag to use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
partial alphanumeric_keys
xkb_symbols "inspiron" {
    name[Group1]= "Laptop/notebook Dell Inspiron 8xxx";

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately this Group name apparently overrides the Group name of
the "us" layout. I don't know about any work-around.

However, I've found by experimentation that with the following
configuration the Group names are visible to gkrellm-xkb at least
in case when the "cz" or "de" layout is active:

 Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Inspiron Keyboard"
         Driver      "keyboard"
         Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
         Option      "XkbModel" "inspiron"
         Option      "XkbLayout" "us,de,cz"
 EndSection

Maybe someone with better knowledge of the XKB extension could
provide some help.

--
Tomas Styblo <tripie@cpan.org>
PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC97EA4B6