Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:13:41 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@Sisis.de>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling H.323 client Ekiga from its SVN repository

El día Friday, March 28, 2008 a las 05:01:26PM +0100, Luigi Rizzo escribió:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 04:22:26PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > THIW, during the last few days I've started a porting of Ekiga, see
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/ekiga/pkg-descr
> > http://www.ekiga.org/
>
> a bit of a self advertising here, but the video support in
> asterisk (trunk version, 'chan_oss' driver) is working
> reasonably well now, and lets you run video calls using a
> variety of codecs (basically all those supported by libavcodec+x264),
> and there is a rudimentary gui using SDL (even capable of
> displaying on AALIB!).
> Input is from V4L1 webcams (tried linux-kmod-compat +gspca, I believe
> it should work with the 'pwc' driver that you mention),
> or from the X11 screen through an embedded x11-grabber (convenient
> for testing).
>
> It does have some interoperability problems, but no worse than
> those that i found in many similar apps including ekiga,
> linphone, openwengo, x-lite. Even the windows softphones
> usually have all sort of crashes when pointed to each other
> (for the records, the best piece of software i tried in
> windows was kapanga).
>
> cheers
> luigi

As I said, what I urgently need is a H.323 client (of course on FreeBSD)
which:
- supports H.264 codec
- works with 'pwc' or any other webcam interface in FreeBSD
- and is compatible with our Polycom VSX7000 video conference system;

how could I fetch asterisk (trunk version, 'chan_oss' driver)?

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH