Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:59:46 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>,  "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: looking for suggestions for a small router/appliance board/SoC

If someone's interested in finishing off the vertana work then let's
have a chat with Rui and see if he's interested in a short term
contract or something.

-a

On 22 October 2015 at 12:57, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
> John Nielsen wrote this message on Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 13:48 -0600:
>> On Oct 22, 2015, at 12:00 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrot=
e:

my knife. Can anyone suggest a board that meets the following requirements?=
 CPU arch doesn???t matter as long as it will run FreeBSD (Atom, ARM, MIPS,=
 etc).

nation of chip-integrated and mini PCI-e slots. Prefer to avoid USB if poss=
ible)
all (which I???m arbitrarily defining as less than 128MB) if there is also =
an SD card slot or similar. USB storage will do in a pinch.

t are smaller, cheaper, have lower power requirements and/or have integrate=
d wifi or switch capabilities I???d like to look in to them as well.

ons that are most of the way there. Thanks!

>> > The PC engines boards are your best bet to begin with. There's updated
>> > ARM hardware from Gateworks but I don't recall if we ever got a port
>> > fully working on it.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer. Good to know the Avila boards boot. A Ventana bo=
ard plus one or more expansion modules actually looks very versatile and ca=
pable of meeting all my requirements (except maybe cost :). The Laguna boar=
ds also look interesting, though probably not quite versatile enough for th=
is particular project. Can anyone jog Adrian???s memory on the status of Fr=
eeBSD on either of those Gateworks board families?

> I know that the AVILA boards work fine:
> FreeBSD avila.funkthat.com 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #3 r283010M:=
 Sun May 17 10:16:08 PDT 2015     jmg@carbon.funkthat.com:/a/obj/arm.armeb/=
a/home/jmg/FreeBSD.svn/HEAD/sys/AVILA  arm