Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:49:19 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld problems: can't build crypt-blowfish.c

Ok, I got it.  Turns out I wasn't updating any of the crypt sources
(see cvsupfile in quotes).  Changed it to update src-all and bippity
boppity boo.  Done.  I even got a custom kernel build and installed
without a hitch.
Looks good so far.

In the chance that anyone actually reads this message, what are some
tests that might catch problems with a custom kernel on most systems?
I didn't find anything of the sort in the docs.  Is the 'if it boots,
it works' assumption fairly safe?

Thanks
Lou

On 07/16/01 01:25 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> More on the make buildworld problem:
> The failure comes in the /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/ directory.  Here is
> where it dies:
>
> . . .
> cd /usr/src/lib/libcrypt;  make depend;  make all;  make install
> make: don't know how to make crypt-blowfish.c. Stop
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
>
> listing of /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/
> $ ls
> Makefile        crypt.3         crypt.h
> crypt-md5.c     crypt.c         misc.c
>
> The Makefile has the following lines in it:
> .PATH:          ${.CURDIR}/../../secure/lib/libcrypt
> SRCS+=          crypt-des.c crypt-blowfish.c blowfish.c
>
> And a listing of /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypt/:
> ls ../../secure/lib/libcrypt
> Makefile        crypt-des.c
>
> Any ideas what's up?
>
> Thanks
> Lou
>
> On 07/16/01 12:09 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed:
> > Hey all.  Here are the problems:
> > I am running the following:
> > /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -z /etc/cvsupfile
> >
> > Everything updates fine, but the refuse file is ignored.
> >
> > Here is my /etc/cvsupfile:
> > *default  host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> > *default  base=/usr
> > *default  prefix=/usr
> > *default  release=cvs
> > *default  tag=RELENG_4
> > *default  delete use-rel-suffix
> >
> > src-base
> > src-bin
> > src-contrib
> > src-etc
> > src-games
> > src-gnu
> > src-include
> > src-kerberosIV
> > src-kerberos5
> > src-lib
> > src-libexec
> > src-release
> > src-sbin
> > src-share
> > src-sys
> > src-tools
> > src-usrbin
> > src-usrsbin
> > *default tag=.
> > ports-all
> > doc-all
> >
> > In /usr/sup/ I have the following refuse file:
> > doc/de
> > doc/de_*
> > doc/es
> > doc/es_*
> > doc/fr
> > doc/fr_*
> > doc/ja
> > doc/ja_*
> > doc/nl
> > doc/nl_*
> > doc/ru
> > doc/ru_*
> > doc/zh
> > doc/zh_*
> > ports/chinese
> [...]

Chemist who falls in acid will be tripping for weeks.