Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:35:53 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Imap-uw and openssl certificate

On 19 Oct Frank Staals wrote:
> >Don't be so certain about that.  "fstaals.net" *is* a valid hostname,
> >and its IP-address can easily be found via DNS, and it can be
> >connected to.
> >
> The MX-configuration of my domain is pointing to fstaals.net , to add
> an subdomain for my small mailserver seemed a bit exagerated, so that
> isn't the problem. I can add a subdomain, but I don't see why that
> should help since the certificate clearly says 'localhost'.

I ran this imap server for a short time but never had problems making
and using a ssl cert. My server's called nagual.st. Are you sure the
server indentifies as localhost even if contacted from the *outside* ?
It does of course when you contact it from the local nic.

As suggested using another imap server is also my idea.
I don't use dovecot, but the whole courier mail package.
It works like a charm. And is very fast. It does use maildirs though,
unlike imap-uw.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4