--------------SHP4a6kYpkaaWrZ7we0t9b0r

Am 19.04.2024 um 19:44 schrieb Zach Leslie:
> ===> Fetching github.com/grafana/alloy dependencies go:
> github.com/grafana/alloy/syntax@v0.1.0  (replaced by ./syntax): reading
> syntax/go.mod: open
> /usr/ports/distfiles/go/sysutils_alloy/grafana-alloy-v1.0.0_GH0/syntax/go.mod:
> no such file or directory *** Error code 1
>
> I've spoken with the authors, and they don't intend to keep a `vendor`
> directory, nor do they intend to change the go mod replace line, so
> I'm left wondering what my options are.
>
> Is there a workaround for this?  Can we specify in the port that for a
> specific module, to reference the module
> github.com/grafana/alloy/syntax at the same version as the port?  Any
> advice would be appreciated.

I think the problem is this line:
https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/go.mod#L777

You can maybe try to fetch this additional go.mod somehow manually:
https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/syntax/go.mod

maybe by an additional manually added distfile entry to place it in the
expected directly (maybe in a prefetch rule or by just manually
extending the DIST_FILES).

Gruß
Matthias

Rich Cook

--------------SHP4a6kYpkaaWrZ7we0t9b0r

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
  </head>
      Leslie:<br>
cite="mid:CACrr7Y5mDTZ4KONpWT4o_TnHWf4ZWuEtUgPNa31V0rpDHH6x5w@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre>===&gt; Fetching github.com/grafana/alloy dependencies go:
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated moz-txt-link-freetext"
      href="mailto:github.com/grafana/alloy/syntax@v0.1.0"
      moz-do-not-send="true">github.com/grafana/alloy/syntax@v0.1.0</a> (replaced by ./syntax): reading
syntax/go.mod: open
/usr/ports/distfiles/go/sysutils_alloy/grafana-alloy-v1.0.0_GH0/syntax/go.mod:
no such file or directory *** Error code 1

I've spoken with the authors, and they don't intend to keep a `vendor`
directory, nor do they intend to change the go mod replace line, so
I'm left wondering what my options are.

Is there a workaround for this?  Can we specify in the port that for a
specific module, to reference the module
github.com/grafana/alloy/syntax at the same version as the port?  Any
advice would be appreciated.
</pre>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/go.mod#L777">https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/go.mod#L777</a></p>;
      manually:<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/syntax/go.mod">https://github.com/grafana/alloy/blob/main/syntax/go.mod</a></p>;
      in the expected directly (maybe in a prefetch rule or by just
      manually extending the DIST_FILES).<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
Gruß
Matthias