Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:28:22 -0400
From:      David Banning <David@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   question about httpd - MySQL - startup question

I have just installed php and MySQL - the first thing needed to finish
install of php is to get httpd running. My error is;

/usr/local/sbin/apachectl restart: httpd not running, trying to start
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl restart: httpd could not be started
*** Error code 5

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.

http asks for my hostname which I put in httpd.conf as simply my machine
name, "tracker",
which does not solve much.

I have a dialup connection to my ISP - my hope was to get this running
standalone on my machine just to learn about it.  I notice all help
documentation refers to my "host", which does not exist for me.

Is what I want possible?
If so, what do I need to do get this up and running?

Having said all this, I do have a non-dedicated host,
skytrackercanada.com which has no separate DNS.