Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 19:29:10 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, boia01@gel.usherb.ca, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppbus is broken.

> BTW, I just tried this again (with a fairly recent [june 25] kernel).
> relevant kernel config lines:
>
> controller	ppbus0
> device		nlpt0	at ppbus?
> controller	ppc0	at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector ppcintr
>
> detected as:
>
> ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
> ppc0: Generic chipset in EPP mode (EPP 1.9)
> nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
> nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port
>
> I can't say for sure that it is fixed, but at least one pdf that used get hosed
> comes out properly.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.  It sounds like we should be getting
rid of the masks in the config file fairly soon, but meantime this is
the right way to avoid corruption using the ppbus for printing.

It's not clear how this will interact with Zip I/O, actually.  I
haven't tried it for ages, but then printer I/O was working for me back
then too...