Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 15:46:37 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS locking and 4.x and 5.x

Le 2001-11-07, John Baldwin écrivait :

> 5.0 release over NFS with a 4.4-STABLE server.  During release, we do a
> pwd_mkdb which tries to lock the password file.  This has caused me no end of

Might be the same problem as bin/27231 (NFS client-side locking
apparently broken in -CURRENT). This dates back from the time NFS client
locking was imported, and predates the nfsclient/server split by
severeal months.

Thomas.

--
Thomas Quinot ** Département Informatique & Réseaux ** quinot@inf.enst.fr
              ENST   //   46 rue Barrault   //   75634 PARIS CEDEX 13