Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 1997 21:30:10 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        BigDaddy@LiveNet.Net (Joseph I. Arias)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing from DOS partition

As Joseph I. Arias wrote:

> I Formated my hard drive and only installed dos 6.22 and have removed
> Windows 95 complety from my system and again I get the same error message.

..because it's probably still a VFAT filesystem, i assume.

Install DOS 5. :)

> Should I download FreeBSD 2.2? I'm a beginger to Unix is 2.2 stable enough
> for me to pratic on?

It's probably 20 times more stable than Win 3.1, and 5 times more
stable than Win 95. :-)

> I'm wanting to start up my own ISP using BSD it was a
> recomendation for the ISP now he runs it and I have gotten use to it.

Hmm, i think you've got quite some way to go until you will even be
able to start your ISP business.  Be assured, by the time you've got
the knowledge how to handle all this, there will be FreeBSD 2.2.5. :)

No offense intended, but i think somebody who's going to be serious
about ISP business won't even install a DOS partition at all first.
Waste of space.  You even didn't learn how to give your mail a subject
line yet... how are you going to teach your customers about Internet
Netiquette?

Sorry for my ramblings.
--
cheers, J"org