Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 00:31:00 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Centrino Laptop (Acer 800Cli) and 5.1

Hello

<background>
New Acer 800Cli laptop with Centrino does not boot 5.1-BETA mini iso.
With ACPI enabled hangs when mounting ufs:/md0
With ACPI turned off (load_acpi=NO, hint.acpi.0.disable=1) hangs when
with the last line one the console saying it's trying /stand/sysinstall for
init.
The machine boot 4.8-RELEASE CDs and launch a fixit shell.
</background>

I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug 5.1 to get a bit further in the
boot cycle!

The machine does not have a serial port, so attaching a serial
console is rather difficult. One thought is to start with installing 4.8 but
then setting UFS2 up would be hard. Another is PXE booting but I don't know
where to start with that... Other machines at home all run 4.6.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Duncan

Duncan Barclay  |