Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:39:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Umar <unix.co@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netowrk Card BCE not working

Umar writes:
| Dear Members!
|
| I have recently Install FreeBSD 7.2 amd64 on DELL R610.
|
| After successfuly installation network cards are not working and i got error
|
| bce0: /usr/src/dev/bce/if_bce.c(1386): Unable to write CTX memory: cid_addr = 0x0000008, offset = 0x00000080
|
| Would you please help me what should I do?

A new version of firmware should be coming out from Dell that should
resolve this issue.  The firmware can be updated via DOS or Linux
but not from FreeBSD using Linux emulation (atleast not yet) :-(

A short time solution is to find a diag utility for the NIC and
then disable management function in all NICs.

Doug A.